Bristol USAR Uniform
More specialised garments are now being deployed in non-structural firefighting situations. Technical rescue PPE, often termed USAR, is now being used in confined space operations as well as road traffic accidents.
Bristol USAR garments have a two-layer construction incorporating a flame retardant outerlayer with a waterproof membrane to provide flexibility and physical protection against injury when deployed in collapsed buildings or damaged vehicles.
The USAR coat and trouser combination, which can be zipped together to form a single piece garment when required, has a Gore Crosstech SR moisture barrier coupled with a choice of outerlayer. The options include DuPontTM Nomex® Delta C, Protex cotton or Kermel fabric. Available in a wide range of sizes, the ensembles are supplied in four colours including red, navy, orange and high-viz orange. Compatible accessories include helmet, boot and glove.
- Fully breathable through all layers
- Quilted padding on elbows
- Underarms gussets
- Improved throat protection
- .Wrist straps to close hems on sleeves over gloves
- Knitted cuff with thumb loops
- One-size zip used for all girth variations allows sizes to be mixed
- Personalised graphics available
- Elasticated side waist for comfort and fit
- Ergonomic curved knee shaping for increased protection
- “H” pattern adjustable braces with a webbing slide
- Quilted foam padding with Kevlar
- Large semi bellow cargo pockets
- Concealed zip in leg with gusset
Conform to: EN ISO 11612 General Flame